My Favourite Window

April 1, 2013

Looking for Good


It's nearly a month since I last blogged. Not that I don't think about it. But with a birthday to celebrate...


a music video to find props for ...


apple cordons to prune...


Dunedin Street stock to photograph...


and post!


not to mention finalising and awarding a memorial scholarship,




... there's neither the time nor mental energy for blogging. An unfortunate side effect of this is that I am not checking in on all my favourite blogs as regularly as I would like, nor have I been paying daily attention to my Comment feed.  

One post in particular has irked a reader and I suddenly realise the responsibility that goes with hosting an online forum - because enabling the Comment facility makes a blog a forum.  I am not prepared to let one individual rant, rave and publicly villify Father Jack or anyone else I have written about. Like anyone else I am quite capable of biased, unkind and intolerant thoughts. However, I choose not to express them on this site, hoping that visitors will appreciate the peace and reflection that they find here. For those visitors who cannot recognise and respect a haven when the see it, I will wield my censor's pen.

Thankfully, I am surrounded - and especially this past week - by wonderful people who love Life and are generous in their living of it. 


A wedding brought friends from around NZ and the World, together. 


Two guests, Keith and Barbara, have availed themselves of Lady Mondegreen's Secret Bus Stop, as they travel via the wedding to Cairo!


Welly Jewell Dyk, and his family lunched with us.




Handy Andy, worked hard here, ate up all last season's hazelnuts, and partied hard.



Acceptance, forgiveness, reflection, joy, and forward movement were all evident during the various gatherings, including the wedding itself, which brought old friends and  family together last week.


Jane and Gary, thank you for being such strong and uplifting focal points in all of our lives.


That strength will surely nourish your marriage.


11 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Lovely photos of some special times. Sorry you had problems with earlier comments.

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Glad you appreciate the photos. I am so glad to have comments like yours dear Susan Heather :-)

Cro Magnon said...

I presume you were referring to C McC. I wonder what got his back up? The wedding looks filled with interesting characters.

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

That's him Cro. There was a very long attacking diatribe, interspersed with AA's defence of his friend. Knowing the protagonist - as I did - I can quite understand that he rubbed people up the wrong way. Some people take difficult personalities better than others I guess!
The wedding guests? Lots of musicians, artists and generally Bohemian free thinkers. By the way Cro, yours is one of the blogs I haven't been able to comment on, but I love your Cro's Nest :-)

John Going Gently said...

One thing I adore is photo of smiling people..lovely
Rest a little x

AGuidingLife said...

That was a really reflective and calming post, lovely photos too.

rusty duck said...

What a hectic time you've had! But what a wonderful time too. And it's still warm enough to eat outside..!!!

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Having set up comment moderation a few days ago, I have only just realised where to find those comments awaiting... So thank you John Gray, Kellogs Ville (good to see you again) and Rusty Duck.

Yes John, the wedding was a very happy occasion, with a strong sense of unity.

Kellogs Ville - I'm pleased that the reflection came through for you.

And Rusty Duck - the eating-outside-weather just seems to go on and on!

The Sagittarian said...

As a dear friend once said to me "Oh fabjous joy" - looks like a wonderful wedding, love that Dunedin Street is working for you and that you have a family to fall back on in troubled times. xx

libby said...

Seeing such lovely pics of people being happy in a beautiful place seems to feed something in a person somehow don't you think.

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

The Saggitarian: Oh fabjous joy for sure. Yes this 'family'certainly makes repeated appearances on my blog and are always an uplifting presence.

libby: You are right, and I'm glad you can feel it :-)