My Favourite Window

December 3, 2013

Where on Earth?


Do you recognise this view?



Tell me what vantage point you think I have taken this photo from 
and one lucky reader will win ...

A hand-written letter in time for... well, probably not Christmas, but New Year. 
Yes, to anywhere on Earth, but you will have to be prepared to forward your physical address by way of my email address.

The place is well known globally, but the day I was there seemed to be particularly weighted with the grand schemes of Man. The time of day intensified the ancillary goings-on and made for distracting photo opportunities. Funny to notice how many sight-seers are distracted by their cell phones!

Leave a comment by 20th December to be in to win in Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden Christmas competition. A tip if you are having trouble leaving a comment, is to open another browser - if you are using Google Chrome, open Internet Explorer for instance. I now have my blog bookmarked on Internet Explorer (even though I prefer Chrome for speed) so that I can leave comments on blogs like 
Going Gently, Magnon' s Meanderings and Retro Pottery Net .


8 comments:

Cro Magnon said...

I shall guess The Gallops at Newmarket, but without conviction.

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

I can see that it might look like that... ;-)

Steve said...

Stonehenge?

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Thought my immediate response to this question needed re-phrasing - thank you for your suggestion Steve.

Geo. said...

Silbury Hill, Wiltshire?

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Great to have your well-travelled eye having a go at the landscape Geo.

Steve said...

No worries - I can be gracious in victory. ;-)

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

I'd better get writing...